OpenDao’s SOS Token Airdrop for OpenSea User
What Is Defi 2.0? Main Goals, Projects and Risk of a New, Emerging Trend

Iran Plans to Shut Down Crypto Mining Farms Again to Save Energy

Join the Trading Community: Learn & Earn with BingX.

Today’s Cryptocurrency Headline

Mostafa Rajabi Mashhadi, chairman of the board and managing director of Iran Grid Management Company (Tavanir), announced Iran is closing down crypto mining centres again to reduce liquid fuel consumption in power plants as temperatures decline. He said: “The Ministry of Energy has been implementing measures to reduce the use of liquid fuels in power plants since last month. Including cutting licensed crypto farms’ power supply, turning off lampposts in less risky areas and stringent supervision of consumption.” 70% of the fuel consumed in Iran is used to heat buildings, and the new energy-saving measures are expected to reduce energy consumption by at least 40%. Iran is one of the largest cryptocurrency mining countries in the world, accounting for 4.5%-7% of the global Bitcoin hash rate.

BingX’s Bitcoin Chart

Bitcoin price analysis today

Source: TradingView& BingX

According to CME Fed Watch Tool data, the probability of the Federal Reserve maintaining interest rates within the range of 0%-0.25% in January next year is 92.6%, and the probability of raising interest rates by 25 basis points is 7.4%. Bitcoin holds above $49,000, and ETH is trading around $3,900. Trading volume was light across different crypto exchanges due to the holiday season. 


Disclaimer: BingX does not endorse and is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, or other materials on this page. Readers should do their own research before taking any actions related to the company. BingX is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods, or services mentioned in the article.